Hello friends, today’s, article we see commandment -2 from Eleven commandment of life book. In this commandment, the author explains risk management, in their words, says, ” Rock the boat in the middle of the see.” so let’s start with commandment life Maximization.
Commandment-3: Rock the boat in the middle of the sea (the risk management)
” The life of a non-life maximizer is solidly comfortable, & comfort kills life maximization.”
the author gives the four principles to rock the boat in the middle of the sea
- keep in mind four ground rules, either or all of which will lead you to maximization:
- Believe in the philosophy of discontinuity
- Do not ask for a guarantee
- Do not look for endorsement from others
- Rock the boat when you are at the peak of success.
Believe in the philosophy of discontinuity:
Nothing in life is permanent. The people around you their commitment, support, dedication; your relationships & their longevity; the nature of your present job/business, income, circumstance standard of living, wealth, comfort, struggle;& life itself. Nothing is eternal/continuous, It has to come to an end someday, it has to discontinue. (the risk management)
Do not ask for a guarantee:
I did not bother wondering if my lifestyle would remain the same,& if would retain my peace of mind. you would be mad to ask these questions when you are in the middle of the sea. If there was anything that is guaranteed in the middle of the sea it is death & I continued to rock the boat with death on my side for I always believed that once you die, you don’t have to worry anyway, because then it is all over- you can’t remember anything, you can’t regret. it’s fine! (the risk management)
Do not look for endorsement:
I never asked anybody to endorse what I was doing. whenever you are doing something new different & better, you are alone. the beauty is your loneliness. (the risk management)
- You are bound to look like a fool, accept it.
- You are bound to be ridiculed, Face it.
- You are bound to be laughed at, allow it.
- You are bound to be questioned, don’t bother about it.
- You are bound to be in a state of self-doubt, remain in it.
Rock the boat when you are at the peak of Success:
I never was afraid of losing my position, so I rocked the boat when(had achieved success. that was when I still had the confidence & time to experiment & make mistakes, go through the pain & the difficulty, much before the change was forced on me, much before I had to!(the risk management)
These four principles work for your passion also and try to be different.
Read More books summary
2) Secrets of the millionaire mind
4) the 7 habits of highly effective people
[…] Previous Chapter or commandments […]